Sunday, 9 November 2014

Think Before You Type.

Before I start explaining what this blog post is about I just want to throw something out there; this blog post is not aimed at anyone in particular at all. I just wanted to upload this post because I wanted to share my opinion. So I just wanted to say that before I started the blog post properly.

So, recently a lot of the YouTubers I watch have been uploading vlogs about the hate they're seeing in the comments of their videos or vlogs both aimed at certain people involved in them or just about the video in general; picking out the smallest little things in the content of the video uploaded.

I know that I don't own a YouTube channel where I post videos but when you watch videos of people you haven't even met daily you feel like you have a connection with them as if you're friends with them and it breaks my heart when I go to comment on the video about a funny part or how great I thought the video was and see that the top few or most recent comments are picking out the worst bits in the video or how the video wasn't one of their best quality videos.

I think that over the years that I've been able to run my fingers along a keyboard the internet has started to become a much more hateful place. I haven't directly been at gunpoint for hateful comments but it still makes me upset that the YouTubers I watch and even some of my friends have been given hate over the internet and I've seen how upset they get. 

I just think that some people who send hateful comment need to step away from their keyboard and think for a moment about how they'd feel if they were sent the same comment they were giving out. I don't think that they'd like it but that's just the way I feel about it. I just think that behind every keyboard and camera that there is a real person with real feelings about real life situations going on that we don't know about. They could be going through one of the hardest times in their lives and they still pick up the camera or write a blog post about something that they love and still put across that they're happy and we wouldn't know. Then to see a comment that is hurtful or mean could just make them break.


The internet is still growing and evolving even as I write this blog post. It's evolving so quickly that I actually find it hard to keep up and I don't know where this blog will take me in 2 weeks time let alone 2 years or even 5! I just really hope that we can have a happy community where we want to continue spreading positivity.

I'm going to leave you with the tweet that Zoe a.k.a. Zoella posted on her Twitter the other day but before I do I want to ask you to do something next time you watch a YouTube video or a blog post comment something positive about the video or the blog with your opinion on how much you love the product that is being reviewed or on the part that made you laugh the most. So I'll leave you with Zoe's tweet...

"Every time you post something online, you have a choice. You can make people happy or take away their happiness. Just a thought :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment