Sunday, 28 December 2014

Girl Online | Review

So if you're new here you might not know about my love for Zoe Sugg a.k.a. Zoella. Basically, Zoe is my favourite beauty blogger/YouTuber of all time but if you're not new around here you probably know that. If I said that I was just slightly excited when Zoe revealed that she was going to be writing a book it would be the understatement of the century. So when I opened it on Christmas Day I was over the moon and couldn't wait to read it.

The plot of the book is as follows:
I had no idea GirlOnline would take off the way it has - I can't believe I now have 5432 followers, thanks so much! - and the thought of opening up to you all about this is terrifying, but here goes...
Penny has a secret.
Under the alias GirlOnline, she blogs about school dramas, boys, her mad, whirlwind family - and the panic attacks she's suffered from lately. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets the gorgeous, guitar-strumming Noah. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog.
But Noah has a secret too. One that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship - forever.
   
 

I really liked how Zoe wrote about subjects and places she knew about like Penny with her anxiety and panic attacks to her living in Brighton. I thought it was a really clever idea. I think something that I could relate to in the book was that Penny blogs and she doesn't want anyone to find out about it except her best friend which I kind of feel like because it was Penny's own private space to write whatever she wanted which is how I feel about my blog.

I loved all the characters in the book especially Noah. I do love a good mysterious male lead character but one of the characters I grew to the most apart from Penny was Elliot; Penny's best friend. He was funny, witty, clever and a bit sarcastic. I kind of have a best friend like Elliot just in girl form. I thought that all the characters had lots of different characteristics to bring to the table which made the book flow.

There was definitely lots of twists and turns in the book but I won't spoil them for you but they made me gasp and sometimes even laugh when they were resolved.

The book was literally amazing and I know this might seem a bit biased due to my love for Zoe but I don't care; I absolutely loved it. Also, I get that some people might not like the book because of all the controversy surrounding it on the internet but you know what these characters and the ideas in the book all came from Zoe's brain.

Final opinion? Amazing and if your contemplating picking up the book definitely do it because you won't regret it, trust me.

What was your opinion on the book if you've read it?

No comments:

Post a Comment