Monday, 12 January 2015

Monthly Favourites | December

Hello lovelies, how are we all? So I was trying to decide what blog post I wanted to write for this week and I realized one blog post I've never done on my blog is a monthly favourites; so here I am today telling you all the stuff I loved during the month of December.

Downside Up by Hayley Long
So this is probably the weirdest book I've possibly ever read and I've read a lot of books. Basically I don't want to give too much away but after something happens in the story you have to turn the book upside down and read up to where you had read when the book was the right way up! Confusing, right? But it doesn't end there! Then you have to turn the book sideways and read like that up until the end of the book! It messed with my mind a bit but Hayley Long was so clever in doing it and it makes perfect sense when you read the book. I definitely recommend it!



Simple Foaming Cleanser
When I first bought this cleanser I had a bit of a love hate relationship with it. Why? Well after bringing it home after a weekend away it had leaked everywhere! So I was a bit annoyed but I thought I'd still try out the last bit of it in the bottle and I fell in love! I think that using foaming cleansers is much easier than using other cleanser especially this one. I just find it so easy just to spray a few pumps onto my hand and rub it in and then rub it into my skin. The other great thing about it is that it has to vital vitamins in it so it's really good for your skin as all Simple products are!


Sam Smith In The Lonely Hours
I've kind of maybe listened to Sam Smith's album non-stop everyday this month. No, I've definitely listened to his album at least once every day. I just love it so, so, so much! My favourite song might be Lay Me Down or Latch - Acoustic. He's just so amazing and whoever discovered him I'm forever grateful to them! He's one of my favourite artists in a long time. He's literally just too amazing for words to describe him.

*

Leather Jacket
I've had a new fashion favourite this month and it's my leather jacket. Now this isn't a new leather jacket, my older sister gave it to me but none the less it's a leather jacket. I've wanted a leather jacket for the longest time and I finally got one! I've worn everywhere with every outfit. I think it just really completes the outfits I've been wearing over this month and I think I'm going to continue to love it throughout these colder months. It's just very classic and it makes me feel like a Shadowhunter.


Soap & Glory Thick & Fast Mascara
Okay, so in November I lost my tube of this and I almost had a mental breakdown because it's like one of my favourite mascaras in the entire world but luckily I found it again on the 1st when tidying my room so it was all good. I've had this mascara since February when my friend gave it to me as a birthday present in a Soap & Glory makeup kit and I've loved it since but this month I've really been loving it. I feel like it makes my lashes look really long and volumized.


Spotify
Oh Spotify how I do love you. Spotify is basically an app which you can get on your phone and desktop/laptop and it makes listening to music so much easier! You can make playlists and listening to them offline or online. It's just a really great app and I've been loving it this month because I can listen to songs that I don't have on CD or on my phone like Sam Smith, McBusted (I've been loving Air Guitar), the Annie Movie Soundtrack which I love, Macklemore (Especially Can't Hold Us) or Fall Out Boy's Centuries. Anyway, I definitely recommend that you download this app as soon as you can!

*
Everything Christmas Related
Obviously I've been loving everything Christmas related! I am obsessed with Christmas after all. It just makes me so happy to see all the lights and listen to all the music which I've also been listening to on Spotify because why not? Anyway, I definitely also loved Christmas Day watching my family open their presents and seeing how excited they were but I think I was kind of a lot more excited than them - I was acting like a five year old basically. That's how excited I was. Have you enjoyed Christmas this year? What did you get? I'd love to know!

*

Wattpad
Okay, so a lot of you might not know what Wattpad is so this is what Wikipedia has to say about it: Wattpad is a writing community in which users are able to post articles, stories, fan fiction, and poems about anything either online or through the Wattpad app. I use the website a lot more than the app at the moment but when I get my new phone I think I'll use them half and half. Anyway, I've really been liking both writing and reading on it this month. I've been doing this thing called Ficmas which is where I've been uploading a new chapter of a new story everyday and I've really been enjoying doing it! Also, I just love being able to find just about everything to read about no matter what it's about! Another reason why I've been loving it is because I recently reached 100K reads on one of my fanfics which really made my month!

*
The Librarians
I didn't find this show all by myself, my mum told me about it and I'm so glad that she did! It's basically about a group of librarians that set off on adventures in an effort to save mysterious, ancient artefacts and I'm absolutely in love with it. I think that might be mainly because Noah Wyle plays Flynn Carsen in a few episodes that I've watched so far and I'm kind of in love with him. Putting all that aside though, I really love the show and think it's really amazing! I won't give away too much but there was a bit of Greek mythology involved in the last episode I watch which I personally loved! You should definitely check it out!

*


So there's just a few of the things I've been loving this month. What have you been loving this month? Let me know!

*=Not My Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment