Sunday, 5 July 2015

Tea Talk #4 | Grudges: To Hold Or Not To Hold?

Tea Talk is back again. I've decided that today we're going to be discussing grudges and whether to hold them or not because over the past few weeks I've learnt a lot about holding grudges. So without further a do let's get into the tea and the talking.


*
Okay, so where do I start with this? I don't want to go into too much detail about my experience with holding grudges against someone but I will tell you this much; I fell out with one of my best friends over something that was said and something that had happened a few months before that. I didn't talk to her for months after saying I'd be civil with her and it didn't work out. Blah. Blah. Blah. Miss out a few details here and there and there's my experience wrapped up in a little bundle of grudginess, yes I know that's not a word.


*
There's a big question surrounded grudges, do we keep onto them and hold them or do we let go of them? I thought that I would never ever let go of the grudge I was holding but in all honesty grudges do nothing for us but make us feel utterly rubbish, trust me. I was more prone to break outs because I was always stressed and angry, I was never hungry because I felt that stressed and whenever I remembered something between us that was funny to us I had to push it to the back of my mind.

*
I know that I'm not a professional or anything but this is my honest opinion about holding grudges; LET IT GO! Yes I'm still getting Frozen references in there two years later. However putting that aside I'm serious just let the grudge go and that's exactly what I've done. I feel so much better knowing that I can text one of my best friends again or just be absolutely ridiculous with her. In all fairness now that I think about it holding grudges are the most pointless thing in the world because at the time you feel as if you haven't done anything whereas in all fairness you've actually got a part to play in why you're mad at the person you're holding a grudge against.

Until our next Tea Talk do something good; smile at a stranger, help your parents or let go of a grudge you've been holding and make amends with the person you hold a grudge against. It'll not only make them feel better but you as well.

* = Not my Picture


2 comments:

  1. Amazing post my dear!Very well written ,as always .It was such a pleasure to read something like this!Thanks for sharing :))
    xoxo Antonella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post Idea, not heard anyone else discuss this on their blog. I think that you should decide to hold on to grudges by the situation and also the distance between the person and you, I think has an impact on how easy it is to hold on to a grudge or not :)

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete