Sunday, 2 August 2015

Tea Talk #5 | Quality Over Quantity

You're all probably thinking 'Chloe, what on Earth is this blog post about?' Well even though patience is a virtue I shall spill all my secrets. Today's Tea Talk is not about writing essays, my teachers always tell me it's quality over quantity, it is in fact about friendships. You might think I'm completely mental but just bare with me and you'll soon understand.


*
Okay, so when you're in primary school the whole class is your best friend, you invite everyone to your birthday party and you talk to everyone all the time. I've learnt that when you go up to high school the whole game changes; people split off into different groups, they become friends with other people and you don't hang out with everyone anymore. It's daunting almost, not knowing who you're going to keep as a friend, who you're going to make friends with and who's going to act as if you're completely invisible. It's odd to think that the people you were eating birthday cake with five minutes ago aren't going to be eating birthday cake with you anymore.

*
I'm not going to lie to you I was never the person with a million and one best friends, I didn't see the need for it. In primary school I had five people I would hang out with all the time but when we went up to high school some of us drifted away. I was still best friends with three of the girls and good friends with the other two girls but it didn't really phase me, I was happy with the three girls I was best friends with. Then everything changed; we got older and some of us have drifted away more than others but now that I think of it that doesn't really phase me either because I made a new friend that I don't think I could live without. I'm friends with people but I don't think I could tell them what I tell my best friends.

*

So there's my sob story of a friendship tale. I guess what I'm trying to tell you all is that you don't need a million and one best friends. The 'popular' people will have but eventually they'll all split apart but I'm happy with the best friends that I have. It doesn't really matter about how many friends you can count on your fingers it's about the qualities your friends posses. You don't want to be friends with someone who talks about you behind your back all the time, do you? Cut lose the friends you don't think would be there for you in your time of need but keep the ones who would be there with a pint of Ben & Jerry's and your favourite rom-com to cheer you up. Don't ignore the people you love just because you're trying to fit in because being your true self with your friends is a lot better than be miserable when trying to fit in.

*= Not my Picture

3 comments:

  1. Great post :) I thought you were going to talk about your favourite teas lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post... and that cup of tea!

    Stay fabulous x
    http://daristo-chic.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing post,I loved reading it!

    ReplyDelete