Sunday, 23 August 2015

Tea Talk #6 | Mistakes Don't Define You

Tea talk is back and today I'm going to be discussing mistakes. Now I'm not going to lie I've made a lot of mistakes in my short life and I'm most likely going to make a lot more in my future. You've made mistakes. Your parents have made mistakes. Everyone's made mistakes. But the secret is mistakes DON'T define you or me or anyone and that's what I want to discuss today.


Expectations can be both a wonderful and awful thing. Expectations are something than can sometimes lead to mistakes. We try so hard to match or exceed the expectations put upon us that sometimes we fail and make mistakes whether it be in school work or everyday tasks. We can't always do as people want us to because at the end of the day we're human, not superhuman. We're not superheros who can do everything to make the world we live in perfect we just do what we can and sometimes that isn't our best.


So what if you forget your homework at school? What's the worst that is going to happen? Sure you might get a detention but you live and you learn. It's not like not handing in that homework means that you aren't going to be able to pass your GCSE's and A Levels which means you won't be able to get into university. It might be a mistake but it doesn't define you at all because you can just hand in the homework the next day and the mistake is fixed. Simple.


Whether people forgive your mistakes or not is another story. Most people are very forgiving of mistakes however there's a handful of people, a few of whom I have met, who aren't quite as forgiving. These can be teachers, family members, strangers and even friends. If they're people who won't forgive you for silly mistakes that they've probably made as well do you know what I say? They probably aren't worth your time so cut them lose.


So don't put yourself down about mistakes everyone makes because they're common mistakes at the end of the day that we can put right all the time.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. I would get very stressed if I thought I forgot homework or to sign my diary but I wish I looked at it from your prescriptive x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete