Wednesday, 26 August 2015

The Liebster Award | Third Time's A Charm

If you couldn't guess already from the title of this blog post I've been nominated for yet another Liebster Award. This time it's from the lovely Lucy from Lucy Likes Pineapple, here's the link to her blog. Thank you Lucy for nominating me.


I know that you've probably read the rules of the Liebster Award about 50,000 times but I'll run through them again for you:

1. Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions set by the person that nominated you.

3. Nominate 5-11 small blogs that you love to read, they must have under 200 followers (e.g. on Bloglovin' ) and then link their blog.
4. Set 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they've been nominated for the award. (via comments or social media)


1. What made you start a blog?
I answered this in my last Liebster Award blog post so here's the answer that I gave:
I think I started my blog because I wanted to give back and become part of such a great community. The blogging community at the minute especially the smaller blogging community. I've made some great blogger friends over the months that I've been blogging. If you're thinking of starting a blog or are scared to reach out to other bloggers, do it! Take a deep breath and write a blog post or write an email to your favourite blogger for tips or to say how good their blog is.


2. What is your favourite film?
Remember The Titans. Hands down. Want to know what it's about? Here's the synopsis:
In Virginia, high school football is a way of life, an institution revered, each game celebrated more lavishly than Christmas, each playoff distinguished more grandly than any national holiday. And with such recognition, comes powerful emotions. In 1971 high school football was everything to the people of Alexandria. But when the local school board was forced to integrate an all black school with an all white school, the very foundation of football's great tradition was put to the test.
I have a real thing about American football so this film is the perfect for me. Give it a watch if you want to see what my favourite film is.


3. If you could live on one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Spaghetti Bolognese but my mum's spaghetti bolognese. It's just a real comfort food that I could probably eat anytime of the day if I was given the option. Even though it's not proper Italian food I do love Italian food so it's kind of the same. As I type this I now want a bowl of spaghetti bolognese.


4. Where is your favourite place on earth?
Ireland. As a young child I used to visit Ireland quite a lot to visit family but as I've grown up I haven't visited as much as I'd like to. But whenever I'm feeling stressed I close my eyes and take myself to Ireland so if I'm stressed before an exam or everything is getting too much I close my eyes and see Ireland, it calms me down.


5. What is the thing you love most about yourself?
I answered this in my first Liebster Award so I'll give you the same answer:
I really love my eyes because whenever I take pictures and whether they have a filter on them or not they always look really blue which I love and I think they really match my dark hair.


6. If there was only one thing that you could change in the world, what would it be?
Hmmm...the way girls are treated both in this country and other countries. I'm sure you've all seen the advert with the way that girls are treated; taken out of education, forced to marry men twice their age and forced to become pregnant leading to miscarriages and many other issues. Women and girls are discriminated for simply being girls and I think it's awful. Just plain awful.


7. What is your biggest fear?
This was the answer that I gave in my last Liebster award:
I'm scared of dying alone and not doing something for the world. I want to be surrounded by or at least know that there are people I love and people who love me. Also, I want to be able to say that I've done something in the world whether that be write a novel that changes the way people think whether that only be my family will or whether that's hundreds of thousands of people. Or I want to be able to say I helped starving children in Africa get better, go to school, get an education and become a doctor.


8. What are your favourite TV programmes at the moment?
Ooo this is a good question. At the moment I'm really loving I Am Jazz, The Great British Bake Off (obviously), Big Blue LIVE, Chicago Fire, Say Yes To The Dress and about fifty other t.v. programmes that I can't think of.


9. Who is the person you trust the most?
My mum or my mum's best friend. I know it sounds stupid but I can trust my mum with almost everything. Obviously there are things I don't share with people because I deal with them myself. I trust my mum's best friend as well because I can talk to her truthfully about any situation at all so she's kind of like a second mum to me in a way.


10. If you could switch bodies with one celebrity, who would it be?
This is a hard one. Can I do a male and then a female celebrity? That's what I'm going to do. Male celebrity wise John Green because he's like awesome and I'd love to just live a crazy day in his life; writing, hanging out with people like Ansel Elgort, Shailene Woodley and Nat Wolff. Female celebrity wise Taylor Swift because she's amazing. Also, I'd love to just randomly be able to burst into one of my songs and have it acceptable.


11. What is your ideal day?
Sitting in the living with my mum or a friend, eating junk food like pizza and ice cream, watching films continuously. I like laid back days. Or maybe a rainy day in bed with a book and endless amounts of tea and cake. Perfection in a few sentences there ladies and gentlemen.

Who am I nominating you might ask? Well I've decided to nominate:

Now onto my questions for all the girlies that I've nominated.
1. What's something that a lot of people don't know about you?
2. If you were trapped on a desert and could only bring 3 items what would they be?
3. If your life was turned into a movie, who would you want to play yourself?
4. Who are a few of your idols?
5. What's your favourite season?
6. Who is your favourite YouTuber and why?
7. What's one of your favourite blog posts that you've written?
8. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
9. Who's your favourite blogger at the minute?
10. What's your favourite item of clothing that you own?
11. Where would you like to be 5 years from now?

So there's my third Liebster Award, thank you to Lucy again for nominating me for it again.


No comments:

Post a Comment