Wednesday, 11 November 2015

Tea Talk #7 | For Our Tomorrow

On the 11th hour, of the 11th day, of the 11th month everyone stands still and remembers the brave souls of men, women and children who tragically lost their lives so we could live the lives we live today. Today on tea talk I thought I'd express my gratitude towards the men, women and children who fought for my tomorrow.


Over the past two weeks I've tried to think about what it must have been like to hear that Britain was at war with Germany and do you know what? I can't, I can't seem to wrap my head around what it must of been like to hear those words, to know that your father, brother, lover or son was going to have to leave you to fight for King and country. I think that the men who went away to fight and know that their lives could end in the blink of an eye were more brave and more courageous than I will ever be.


I think remembering what happened all those years ago is one of the most important things we can do as human beings. Even though Britain won the war there was a lot of sacrifice and not just physical but emotional; men came back with PTSD from the ordeals they had to watch, people cried over lost family and some parents never saw their children again. In one way or another we all know someone who fought in not only WWI but any war and remembering them whether dead or alive because what they've done for not only me or you but for everyone is so important to how we all live our lives.


If I was able to meet a WWI soldier or any soldier who gave their life for me I'd want to thank them for what they did and apologise because they shouldn't of had to give their yesterday for my tomorrow.

Lest we forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment