Thursday, 31 December 2015

Welcome To The New Year.

I'm literally about to step out the door to go party the night away but I thought that I'd publish this blog post before I left. 2015 was an interesting year to say the least, on my behalf at least but I'm ready to leave that behind and say hello to 2016. Did we all have a good 2015? What was your highlight? What are you looking forward to this coming year? I want to know all the answers to all the questions below in the comments.



I did a similar thing last year and I'm going to do the same this year. So without further ado let's look back on the absolutely incredible things that happened in 2015...

-Same-sex marriage became legal in ALL 50 states
-The World Health Organisation declared the ebola epidemic was over
-Social Media split in half over the colour of a dress...P.S. it's blue and black
-Elizabeth II became the longest reigning monarch in the UK
-Adele released her new album 25 and sold 2.3 million copies within the first few days of release
-The world took a stand together when it came to terrorism when the City Of Lights turned off and we all lit up for them
-The YouTube community waited 3 years for the wedding of the century. Yes, ladies and gentlemen Janya (Jim Chapman & Tanya Burr) finally tied the knot
-NASA discovered water on Mars (I don't find it that interesting but you might)
-David Beckham played 7 football matches on all 7 continents in 10 days all in the aid of charity
-195 countries singed the world's first accord on climate change 
-Jamie Brewer changed the modelling industry by being the first model with Downs Syndrome to walk the catwalk
-Tom Brady set the record for most Super Bowl wins by a quarterback
-Mustafe Mawla stood blindfolded with outstretched arms on a busy street asking for trustful hugs because he was labelled as a terrorist for being Muslim. Dozens of passers-by of all ages, genders and colours, stopped and embraced him in a hug
-A World War II veteran had his birthday meal paid for by two others diners because of his service in the war

Now last year I made new year's resolutions and as always I didn't stick to them as most people do, I think it was because I don't have the commitment to stick to four resolutions so this year I've decided to make three. Just three simple resolutions that aren't that hard to stick to. Do you want to know said resolutions? Of course you do, or at least I'm guessing you do. So let me tell you my resolutions.

Resolution #1: Drink More Water
Now I'm not actually too bad at drinking water, I actually drink it a lot but this coming year I want to try and push myself to drink more than enough water because I have been slipping. I don't know whether to download an app that calculates how much water I need to and have drunk throughout the day. What do you think? Also, have you got any water measurement apps to recommend to me? Let me know in the comments below.

Resolution #2: Live Everyday As It Comes
Last year was an extremely shaky year, there's almost so many bad things that happened that I feel as if I've had my fix of bad things for a lifetime. Anyway, that's in the past and I'm ready not to always make plans. I'm ready to live in the moment, if bad things happen they happen and there's nothing I can do about it. I want to be able to freely do as I wish and live life as much as I can because last year I didn't get to do a lot of that and I'm done with that.

Resolution #3: Put Myself First
This might seem self centred but I'm not going to lie last year I put others before myself without thinking about myself or the consequences. A lot of the time this made me feeling extremely low about myself but not this year! This year if I want to put myself first and if I think situations call for it then I will. There's nothing to it. If you put too many people before yourself maybe we can share this resolutions.

There's one last thing I want to do, I want to thank you. Yes you sitting there reading this; THANK YOU! Thank you for sticking by me and my blog this year. It means a lot to me that even though my blog has been very up and down this year you've stuck by me and commented and favourited my tweets about new posts etc. Here's to the new year and all the exciting things to come! I love you all lots.


1 comment:

  1. One of my resolutions last year was to drink more water, and I stuck to it! Like you though, I want to continue doing so and drink more. I just downloaded an app called 'Plant Nanny' which seems to be good so far, every time you drink a cup of water you water your plant so it encourages you to drink more!
    Happy New Year :)

    Charlotte ~ http://allthingsmakeupbeautyandlife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete