Friday, 25 March 2016

Prom Talk #1 | Priorities

So as of today there are about three months until my prom. I'm majorly excited and cannot wait to dress up like a princess and have a right party with all my school friends one last time before we all part ways to start the next step in our educational career. Anyway I thought that I'd start a little series on my blog discussing the experiences I'm having as I search for the perfect dress, shoes, accessories, transport etc. etc. etc.


I've sorted out two things so far when it comes to prom; transport and the dress. My advice? Put these at the top of your list - these are the biggest priorities. You might not think transport is but trust me when it comes to booking transport to prom you don't want to leave it too late. It was the first thing that the group I'm going with sorted out and I'm really glad we did. We've decided to go down the traditional route. I don't want to give too much away because I want you to see everything in photos but I'll give you the colour of the car; chrome.

Now onto the other thing I've done; the dress. Yes, I went on a spontaneous shopping trip to a local prom dress shop and tried on around 20 dresses then narrowed it down to 2. It was between a red and blue one which were both slightly similar in style but there was one I loved just that bit more. I'm not going to tell you anything about the dress not even the colour. Advice for dress shopping? Try on lots of different styles and colours but also get a dress you know you're going to be comfortable in for a good five hours or so, give or take a few.

Yesterday I then took my dress to a lovely woman who does dress alterations seeing as I'm such a short arse and my dress is too long even in 4 inch heels!! Anyway I have to have a few inches off of the bottom of the dress but the woman informed me of something quite interesting that chiffon - the fabric of my dress - is quite hard to alter because it's like 'handling water' as she put it. This is something that I'd keep in mind when buying a dress; if you're going to need lots of alterations or don't really want a lot of alterations then maybe try stay away from chiffon because there's usually a lot of excessive fabric.

My mum has also booked my hair, makeup and nails appointment so I'm looking for inspiration for that. If you have any ideas for hairstyles, makeup or nail inspiration then make sure to send me pictures on Twitter! I'd love to see any ideas that you have, just one thing - no red lips; Marianna told me that they're a nightmare to wear for a long period of time when you're dancing. 

So that's it. That's what I've done so far. I've actually done quite a lot with some help from my mum. I'm excited for prom and can't wait to spend a kickass night with good friends and hopefully some good food and good music...hopefully.

1 comment:

  1. Getting prom transport was so stressful! I wish I just found something on my own if I am honest! I didn't really care that much about my dress I found a white and black one in new look really cheap and wore that. I loved it! Prom is hyped up but unless you have a great group of friends who you will spend all the night with, it's not that exiciting. I am sure you will have a great time though X


    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete