Sunday, 29 May 2016

The End Of An Era.

Five years. One high school. One form change. Numerous set changes. Seventy odd exams. Many friendships formed. And it's all over. Five years of high school and I'm officially done. It's been a long, strenuous five years full of tears (mainly from yesterday), stress from coursework but also full of some really great freaking memories that I'll never forget but couldn't have been made without some really great freaking people. I'm going to miss the people from my high school a lot and it still hasn't completely sunk in that I won't go to my high school again as a whole year group. That's actually making me quite emotional as I sit here on my aunt and uncle's sofa writing this blog post.


I've had a lot of great memories over the past five years; school musicals, reward trips, sport days, residential trips, lunch times spent in the music room, random memories that have happened in lessons such as French and English and Media and just about every other lessons that I've partaken in over the past five years and a whole other host of memories that would take me forever to list right here. Those memories are the things that I will take with me and carry with me in my mind for the rest of my life.

It wasn't until Friday that I really realised just how close a group of people can become over the space of half a decade. I mean all it took yesterday was for someone to look at me whilst they were crying and I was crying along with them. To be completely honest I don't think I've cried in a sad way about something as much as I did yesterday at the thought of leaving school. There were a lot of good memories as well though like when a girl in my year did a karaoke version of Living On A Prayer and we all stood on the seating screaming the lyrics at the top of our lungs along with her or when we were looking at our Year 7 and Year 11 photos next to each other and laughing at them, even if it was through tears, or when we watched our Leavers Video of all our teachers singing and dancing along to We're All In This Together from High School Musical.

It's like we've left some sort of legacy with our school even though it's not a visible one, seeing as the writing on the desks in science that we've left doesn't really count as a legacy. No it feels to me as if our legacy isn't one of a lasting image to the rest of the students, or that someone can drink however many alcoholic drinks and still be standing but is one of that being thrown into the the deep end by entering high school brings you closer with people that you'd never thought you'd be close with. I remember when I went for my induction day in Year 6 and sat in a circle with my original form and just being able to get along with everyone because we were all in the same boat. That's kind of how I feel now, that even though we're going off to different sixth forms and colleges and apprenticeships we're all still able to get along with each other because we're all still able to get along with each other because we're being thrown into a newer, bigger ocean but we're still all in the same boat.

Over the past few years it's not been easy. We've been passed from pillar to post with teachers (some who didn't actually get an A* in English, we've had to redo numerous pieces of coursework and sometimes we've felt like giving up with our GCSE's on a whole but I couldn't think of a better group of people to have gone through all of that with. I think it's goings to be difficult to beat our 2016 class in any aspect.

As we all start new chapters in our lives I've realised the bonds I've created won't be severed because those bonds created are much too strong to break. I might sound so cliché but it's true. Through all tears, laughing and smiles I'm glad that I was able to be part of my 2016 class and don't really know what I'm going to do if I can't see those people five days a week for six or seven hours.

If anyone from my school is reading this I want to thank you for the laughter, the smiles, the memories and even the tears. I love you all a whole lot and still can't believe that we've left! You're all amazing people and I know you're going to excel in everything you do in life even if that's the simplest of things. So when you're famous actors, actresses, scientists, writers, athletes, journalists or bakers remember I'll be behind you, supporting you 100% of the way!

2 comments:

  1. This was so good, Chloe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw this is such a lovely post! I still miss school, year 10 was my favourite year by far! So many memories and experiences in school, although not always great, they stay with you for life xx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete