Monday, 13 June 2016

So I Spent Too Much Money....

....and I frickin' loved it! I'm not a big fashion shopper, I'm that person who is so picky and can pick apart any item of clothing therefore I find it quite difficult to find clothes that I absolutely adore. So when I went into Primark a few weeks back without the intention of buying clothes I found everything I could possibly ever want out of a couple of items of clothing. Too much money later and my bank card was crying but I'm so happy with my purchases. I feel as if all the items of clothing that I bought are very versatile and I couldn't help but show you them. So on a sunny May afternoon I stood in front of my garden fence which is covered in ivy and had my little sister take posey shots me. Without further ado, let's get into this!

 
I don't know whether you'll notice but these photos are a lot better than past photos taken on my blog and that's because these photos were taken on my little sister's new camera! Yes ladies and gentlemen, my little sister has allowed me to take photos on an actual camera and I couldn't be happier with the outcome! I think photos like this are really going to help me be satisfied with my blog. Anyway let's get on with it...

 
Houston, we have a problem...this shirt is too damn cool! I'm not normally one to go for crop tops because they're just not really 'my thing' and I always feel slightly self conscious about showing my stomach off. However, I found this shirt in Primark when I first walked into the store and thought it was all over because I could only find one of the shirts and it was two sizes too big! Then the fashion gods blessed me and I turned a corner and they were all there, thanks to the person who'd put the shirt in the wrong place and almost gave me a heart attack haha I'm actually really glad that I picked this shirt up because not only has it pushed me out of my comfort zone, I can pair it with basically anything but it's also cool af. Yes I did just just use the word cool, I'm going for the throwback words now haha. I've paired it with a pair of shorts from light blue, distressed New Look and a pair of tan gladiator sandals from Primark.

 
I think is the one clothing item that I'm the most self conscious about because it shows my body off a lot. I know on my blog I'm forever going on about self love and body confidence but it's hard to break out of a mind frame you've had for a while. Anyway, I do love the pattern of this dress, I'm slowly realising that I have a navy blue and white stripe obsession (not only do I own this dress in this pattern but I also have a shirt and bikini with the same pattern). I think after wearing this a few more times I'll really start to love it. The dress itself is quite casual but I feel that I can dress it up or down with a change of shoes and makeup. For this photo I paired the dress with my tan gladiator sandals from Primark.

 
Out of all the clothing items that I bought on my unexpected Primark shopping trip, this shirt is definitely my favourite. It's a blue and white striped button up shirt with a low-ish neckline, without a collar. The material of this shirt is so soft and it feels very luxurious to wear. This shirt has also been labelled as my 'Harry Styles Shirt' by my sisters which does kind of make me laugh. The sleeves are also adjustable so you can wear them three quarter length or long which I love the concept of. My one of my only issues with the shirt is that because it's such a soft material it creases very easily so if I wear it tucked into jeggings/jeans, as I've done in the photo above, it creases like there's no tomorrow and makes it impossible to untuck but that's my only issue. I've paired the shirt with my black jeggings from New Look and my cork-heeled sandals with white straps and buckles from New Look.

 
This is probably the most intricately designed pieces that I bought from Primark. It's a strappy, flowy shirt with a geometric circle pattern and then a strip of a different geometric pattern around the bottom. What I love most about this shirt is the colour of it. Even though the shirt feels very summery with it's straps and flowiness, the colour scheme is quite Autumnal with it's purples, dark blues and blacks which makes the white in the shirt pop. The use of the colours really makes me feel as if you could wear this anytime of the year by throwing a jacket on over it during the colder months. In the picture above I've slightly dressed it with my black jeggings from New Look and cork-heeled sandals with white straps and buckles from New Look. I feel as if this is one of the more difficult items of clothing that you could down but I don't really think that's an issue.


And the world's sportiest woman is...not me. As much as I love this whole ensemble I haven't really bought it for working out in, a matter of fact I've actually mostly bought it so I can longue about in it haha. The shirt I really love because it's grey speckled/striped with different tones of grey. I not only wear this shirt with the black three quarter length yoga pants I'm wearing in the photo (which are comfy as hell btw) but I also wear it with my black jeggings which I'm doing as I write this blog post. The shirt has a slight V-neck to it which I think adds that little extra sophistication to the shirt itself. I've paired the outfit with my grey converse from Primark.

So there it is, my unexpected Primark haul. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed spending the money on these clothes. I also hope it's given you some inspiration on clothes that you could buy for these upcoming Summer months. Until next time loves!



1 comment: