Saturday, 9 July 2016

Monthly Favourites | June

Hey, hey, hey! That's how I always pop up to my friends so just know every one of you who is reading this, I class as a friend. Anyway, let's move past my weirdness and talk about what today's blog post is about. Today's post is an extremely exciting one but I'll explain why that is at the end of the blog post. Before we get onto the exciting stuff I actually have to write the blog post so I want to share with you what I've loved throughout June, I love a good favourites blog post and this favourites blog post is like one of my my most loved favourites that I've done in a while. So let's get into my monthly favourites of June!



Fake Festival
You're all probably wondering what Fake Festival is. Well Fake Festival is what it says on the tin; a fake festival. Instead of actual bands playing there, they have tribute bands playing. I was lucky enough to be invited by an extremely good friend of mine to join her at Fake Fest last month and to be honest it was one of the best things I've ever done! The tribute bands who were playing were the Stereophonics, Kasabian and Muse. Now I wasn't the biggest fan of any of these bands but by the end of the night I was! I'm not that big a fan of Stereophonics still but Kasabian and Muse are like two of my favourite bands now. The whole vibe of the festival was just amazing, it genuinely felt as if I was at a real music festival. I think going with the friend I went with definitely made the whole experience of Fake Fest better and I can't wait to go next year! If Fake Fest is coming near you, definitely try and get tickets!



The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell



Before this month I don't think that I've read a book that I genuinely wanted to read since the start of the year so when exams finished I immediately picked up a book and read for the life of me. The book I picked up was The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell.  Candace Bushnell is probably best known for writing Sex In The City but The Carrie Diaries is actually the prequel to the ever so famous Sex In The City book. I'd originally watched the television series that they'd made to go along side the book which I loved so much I just had to read the book. I'm not going to lie the book and the television series probably couldn't be further apart but separately I love both and I really did love reading the book, I got through it in a weekend! If you're looking for a coming-of-age, romance novel to read definitely pick up this book.

Makeup Revolution Blush Palette "Golden Sugar"



Let us all have a moment of silence for the most beautiful blush palette that you have ever seen. I'd been eyeing up this palette on the Superdrug website for quite a while and then saw the palette or a similar one on MissBeautyEmily's YouTube channel and I was sold, I knew I had to buy it. So I went into town and picked up the palette. Since buying it I've used it everyday. In the palette they're a  collection of bronzers, merged blushers, baked bronzer and 2 merged baked highlighters. I've tried all but two of the products in the palette which I think are the baked bronzer and one of the merged blushers possibly, I'm not too sure about the other product I haven't used. Those are the two products that I still find quite intimidating in all honesty. Anyway the products that I have tried are gorgeous, the colour pay off are absolutely stunning and the product stays on my face all day which is always a plus.

Bioré Ultra Pore Strips



These pore strips saved my skin for prom. I'm not going to lie to any of you, I will whole heartedly admit that I have a blackhead problem, nothing I use seem to get rid of them! I decided to pick up some of these Bioré Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips to try and help sort out the problem. Now I'm not going to lie, they didn't work as well as I thought they were going to but maybe that's because I used them wrong...Anyway, they did help get rid of a lot of my blackheads which I could thank the skincare gods for because it helped me feel a lot more confident at prom. I do recommend that you pick some of these up, just definitely make sure you know how to apply them properly. I might give them another go soon and see if I can get the technique down haha.

Helen Anderson Vlogs



If you haven't heard of Helen Anderson then you best get on the band wagon rather quickly. Helen Anderson is a British YouTuber who does beauty/lifestyle videos on her main channel but what I've been loving from her is her daily vlogs that she's been doing on her second channel. Helen has been trying to balance planning her wedding, going on TrekAmerica, her band and everyday life over the past month. What I really love about Helen is that she's very real, sometimes I watch vlogs and feel as if people are being slightly fake but Helen talks about her awful moods, she swears, she does everything a normal person would do making me feel as if I know her better, if you get what I mean. Above is one of my favourite vlogs from last month!

Planning Blog Posts
This is something that I am so happy that I've done over the past month. Even though I haven't really kept to my uploading schedule I have all my blog posts for the rest of the year planned out which is helpful because I don't have to come up with ideas or have bloggers block because all my posts are planned. If you own a blog I definitely recommend that you create a blog schedule and plan your blog posts in advance if you don't do so already. I promise that I'm going to try and get back into blogging now with my schedule and post plan.

Prom



Where do I start with this favourite? There's no place where I feel as if  I can start. I went to prom on June 24th and had one of the best nights of my life ever! I know that people sometimes say that you shouldn't have high expectations for prom because it's never as good as you think it's going to be but my prom was absolutely amazing! I recently wrote two blog posts about prom so if you want to find out all about my prom you can click here and here. The music was great, the atmosphere was great, the company was great! My prom was kind of everything I wanted and more. If I could redo it all over again I definitely would because I felt like I was in some sort of dream the whole night.

Mockingjay Part II



I'm a massive Hunger Games fan, I've read the books multiple times, watched the movies in cinemas and watched them on DVD's over and over again...I've even got a Hunger Games Pinterest board. However, I have put off watching Mockingjay Part 2 for months and months and months (I didn't go watch this one in cinemas due to mock exams). I think the reason being because I didn't want the franchisee to end, is it just me who feels this way about book/movie series? Anyway, I finally watched the movie the other week and cried....a lot both happy and sad tears (mostly sad). The way the movie was filmed was just spectacular and even though they didn't add every single book detail in (otherwise it'd be a seven hour film, which I wouldn't mind at all) they stayed so close to the book, from what I remember (I haven't read the book in a while). My favourite part of the movie was definitely the wedding scene, the part when Katniss won't leave Peeta in the underground area thingy (you'll get what I mean if you've watched the movie), the part back in the Victors Village and the epilogue, those kids were adorable!! What did you make of the movie?

Zoe's Vlogmas



There's not a particular reason why I've loved watching Zoe's Vlogmas, I was just watching her old vlogs and started to watch her Vlogmas videos. I've loved watching her Vlogmas' from over the past three years that she's done Vlogmas. They've not necessarily put me in a festive mood but they've instead put me in a happy mood which is always good. Above I've put the Christmas Eve Extravaganza that she uploaded for her last day of Vlogmas last year.  

Avon Senses Shower Gel



Apart from the events that I've been to over the past month these shower gels could possibly be my favourite thing of the month of June. They smell so strong but not in an overpowering way. Sometimes I find that some shower gels smell amazing in the bottle but they kind of disappointing when you use them but these shower gels do not disappoint at all. My favourite is definitely the pink one which says it's Orchard scented, I don't know the exact ingredients used. I loved the green one which is Oasis scented when I had a bad cold the other week because it has green tea and mint in it I think and it cleared up my blocked nose really well.

Avon ColorTrend Lipstick in "Flirt Alert"



I'm not going to lie to you, I've always been a bit skeptical about using Avon makeup, don't ask me why it's just a thing I've always had. After being given this lipstick as a one off I thought I'd try it out and I absolutely fell in love with it. The shade of this lipstick is definitely a your lips but better shade with it's pink/nude undertone. Fun fact about this lipstick, this is the lipstick I took with me to prom so I could regularly reapply my lipstick. The sad thing is is that I went to go order another one of these I found out that they don't stock the lipstick anymore *teary face* so I'm now on the hunt for another lipstick with a similar/exact shade.

Tea Tree Skincare Pink Grapefruit Facial Wash



To whoever came up with this product I love you and thank you. Not only does this face wash smell absolutely flipping fabulous it also has helped clear up my skin as well. I think the premise of the face wash is that before it makes your skin better it kind of brings out your spots first and then tackles them, that's what happened with me. The product lathers up really well too. I've loved having this face wash in my daily skincare routine, it's almost all ran out so I'm going to have to buy a new bottle or at least skincare from the same brand.

Now onto the exciting part of this blog post. Most of you probably haven't realised what I'm about to tell you but this blog post actually happens to be my 100th blog post here on Chloe Marie. To know that I've thought of, written and photographed 100 blog posts is almost mind boggling to me but I just want to thank you all, whether you've been here since the start or since yesterday you've kept me going with the blog even when I thought people didn't care what I was writing about! From my big heart to yours, I love you a whole lot! Here's to the next 100 blog posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment