Friday, 13 January 2017

A LETTER TO 2016.

Dear 2016,

Hi. It's not been that long. Even though know that we can never see each other again, I needed some closure. I thought we could reflect with one another and even though I know that you can't reply to me maybe listening won't be too bad? You've had the shining role in our relationship so maybe me expressing what I've got to say about our relationship isn't such a bad idea. We've been through a lot together. I've got a lot of reasons to thank you but I've also got a lot of reasons as to why I want to punch you in the face. You've made me share tears of joy and tears of sadness, a lot more sadness than I had expected. I've been angry, disgusted, fearful because of you, along with a whole host of other emotions. There are aspects of our relationship that I'd love to, no desperately wish that I could change but know that I can't. However, what I can do is learn and hopefully, just maybe make the year that 2017 and I have together just the slightest bit better.



I'm going to be blunt with you 2016, you were utter shit. I'm pretty sure that you hit a new level of shit. You caused so much heartbreak, pain and tears for so many people it was unbelievable but you also joined a lot of people whether it be through anger, upset or joy, you brought them together. You took too many people away; Bowie, Rickman, Michael, Ali, Yelchin, Marshall, Wilder, Reynolds, Reagan, Wood, Prince, Fisher, and a long list of others that caused so much pain that it was unbelievable. The majority of the world was shaken to the core because of politics; Brexit, Trump, terrorist attacks and more. The world stopped a lot this year, not literally but metaphorically, we all froze as you took people, took freedom, took safety. You weren't kind 2016 and as much as I'd love to forgive you, I don't think that I can for all the pain.





You weren't all bad. We had a lot of good memories together 2016, actually, we had some amazing memories together, some of the best that I've ever made! Les Misérables. My 16th Birthday. Collabro. Leaving High School. FakeFest. Prom. Passing my GCSE's. Starting Sixth Form. The Lion King. I've met some absolutely amazing people, to be honest, I don't think I could survive without half the people I've met or become closer with this year. There were a lot of downs personally; heartache, tears and adjustments but I'd take those things any day for all the amazing things we did together this year.




As we break up and I move onto 2017 I've realised what I can take from our relationship to try and make my relationship with 2017 better than ours was; I'm a boss ass bitch and doing what I want is the most important. That might sound big-headed or egotistical but I really don't care. I'm a people pleaser, I tried to please you 2016 as much as possible and to be completely honest with you it didn't do me any good; I think I let you walk over me more times that I stood up to you but that's not how it's going to be with 2017. I want to be able to do what I want and when I want it, I want to make memories that I actually want to make - not ones that you've forced me to make. I want to take little trips to visit people I love and to see things I've not seen before or to revisit my favourite places. I want to learn a new skill. I want to do all of these things and I truly believe that 2017 will let me do all of this. We were okay 2016 but I think mine and 2017's relationship will be better. I'm hopeful.





Thank you for everything 2016, you were good to me but I think 2017 will be better. You taught me a lot about myself, you made me realise what I really want and I'll forever be grateful for that.

Love,
A new boss ass bitch you created, Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment