Sunday, 19 February 2017

MONTHLY FAVOURITES | JANUARY

With the beginning of a new month comes the end of another, and with the ending of a month comes a reflection on all the things that have been favoured and had the spotlight shone on them throughout that month. Having January just after the Christmas period brings a whole host of exciting favourites because of the gifts that we've been gifted the month before so I'm extremely excited for this months favourites. I've got a real range to show you in today's blog post so I say we should just get straight into it.


Grey's Anatomy
One of my biggest loves of the past month. Grey's Anatomy is an American T.V. show centered around the personal and professional lives of five surgical interns and their supervisors. Now I'm always one to try and jump on the band wagon but fall off miserably before joining again late to the party, it's no different with Grey's Anatomy. The show started well over ten years ago now and I only just started watching it with my mum at the start of January. It has been a firm favourite of mine throughout the whole month, it feels like I can't go a day without watching at least one episode a day. I definitely recommend that if you love drama shows that you watch Grey's Anatomy because it's just pure brilliance! Plus, Patrick Dempsey as McDreamy.


Rosy Lips Vaseline
I go through stages with lip balm, I'm either completely obsessed with it or I act as if I've had a bad break up with it so completely ignore it. However, last month I was absolutely obsessed with it to the point where I'd applied so much that it my lips would get chapped really quickly without it. That was probably a bad idea but I just really loved it so much. It makes my lips so soft and doesn't make them sticky. Also, do you know when you use lip balm and you can feel all the dry bits on your lips? Well this Vaseline doesn't leave my lips feeling like this.

The Body Shop British Rose Hand Cream
I'm not the biggest fan of roses, never have been and never thought I was going to be, however, that all changed in January. After receiving a rose scented gift set from The Body Shop off a friend for Christmas I was apprehensive to use it but seeing as my hands get so dry I took the plunge and decided to try it out. The smell isn't too overwhelming and the way it sinks into my skin is so lovely that it doesn't leave my hands feeling sticky in the slightest. I'd really love to try more of The Body Shop's hand creams, what are your favourite scents that they do if you've tried any out? I'd really love to know so I could try some more out.


Grace Padded Cuff Lace Up Hiker Boots
These are now my new favourite shoes that I have ever worn. Even though they mark like hell they're so comfortable that it pains me to take them off. These particular pair of boots are from ASOS, I'll leave the link here for you. They make the most basic of outfits look well styled and really put together; I've worn them with jeans, casual dresses, dungarees, along with a whole host of other clothing items. They're really versatile and I definitely think that everyone should have a pair of these in their wardrobe.


Women's March
Saturday, January 21st. One of my favourite days of the year and we're only a month and a half in. I've never been so proud of the millions of people who took to the streets with colourful card with some of the most powerful messages I've ever seen. I wrote a whole blog post about the Women's March so I don't want to go on about this forever, just go read the blog post.


January definitely wasn't the easiest month when it came to politics, the world and in general humanity but I definitely loved a lot of things. Even though things might not get any easier anytime soon but they'll always be things that we love surrounding us and these blog posts remind me that even in the darkest of times they'll always be things that I love, even if it is just a pair of shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment