Wednesday, 5 April 2017

MONTHLY FAVOURITES | MARCH

April is here, Spring has finally sprung and I have a whole new list of favourites to share with you. I’ve got quite a few favourites to share with you this month and there’s a real range of them to talk to you about today. Shall we get right into it? I think we should!



THE INFERNAL DEVICES CLOCKWORK PRINCESS BY CASSANDRA CLARE
Yes, I finally finished it! After almost a year of reading it, I finally finished the final instalment in The Infernal Devices series and I absolutely loved it. There was a lot of tears, a lot of laughter, but mainly a lot of tears. I love Cassandra Clare novels, they almost take up a whole shelf on my bookcase, and I never thought I’d find any of her books to compare to The Mortal Instruments series. However, The Infernal Devices, though it hasn’t overtaken my love for The Mortal Instruments, is a close second. I really loved returning to the world that I love so much but in a different time period. It was so interesting to see how The Infernal Devices affected The Mortal Instruments. If you haven’t read any of Cassandra Clare’s novels I definitely recommend you pick one up as soon as possible!


LEICESTER
I finally, finally went to Leicester this week. This trip was in the planning since December and I finally managed to get down there. I was supposed to go to Leicester the week of my birthday to stay with my sister but she wasn’t very well so I didn’t go. Then I was supposed to go during the second week of March but that week was a bit rough. HOWEVER, in the third week of March I finally, finally managed to pack a suitcase, buy a train ticket, and take two trains down to Leicester. I had the best weekend EVER, possibly the best weekend that I've had in a long, long time. The people that I met were so lovely and I couldn't imagine having the weekend without them. If my sister will let me, I'll definitely be back as soon as possible.



CALL THE MIDWIFE
Over the past couple of years the BBC have really stepped up their game when it comes to dramas and a Sunday night is my personal favourite day because Call the Midwife is on. If you haven’t watched Call the Midwife it’s a BBC period drama about a group of nurse midwives working in the East End of London in the late 1950s and early 1960s. Last month the eighth series of Call the Midwife finished and I couldn’t be sadder about it. However, I really loved the ending to the eighth series – everything ended in the way that needed to, but none of it was sad. It was possibly the happiest ending to a Call the Midwife series ever. If you haven’t watched Call the Midwife yet I definitely think that you should check it out especially seeing as it won’t be back for a while so you’ll have time to catch up with it.



RED NOSE DAY
Friday, March 24th. £71,308,475. Charity never fails to amaze me. Red Nose Day is a British charity day where people from up and down the country come together to raise money for children, adults and multiple organisations both in the UK and across the poorer areas of the developing world. This year was no difference. I cried at all the stories, I donated money and laughed at all the funny skits that were created in order to raise a tonne of money. I always feel patriotic, however, on occasions such as Red Nose Day I feel even more patriotic because as a country we come together and raise so much money for people we don't know and probably won't ever know. My favourite part of the night? Red Nose Day Actually. After 13 years of waiting for my favourite Christmas movie reunited to create a "what happened after" skit and it was the best thing ever!! Hugh Grant was just perfect, as always. If you haven't seen it yet, then go and find it right now!!


TIMELESS
I'm a sucker for history, it's one of my great loves so when I found a T.V. show that mixed time travel and history I was sold even before I pressed play on the first episode. The basic idea of the show is that an unlikely trio of Lucy, Wyatt and Rufus, travel through time in order to battle unknown criminals and protect history as we know it. I definitely don't think that this show is for everyone, it's kind of a love-hate thing, but I've definitely fallen in love with it. It's really unlike any show that I've watched and that's why I think I love it so much. At first, I didn't know how sure I was but since everyone's personal lives have started to be interwoven into the show I've really started to love it even more.


There you go! All of the things that I loved throughout last month, what did you love? Was there any particular T.V. show or a certain event that you really loved? I'd be genuinely so interested in finding out. If you haven't read, watched or been to any of the things or places that I mentioned in this blog post I definitely recommend that you checked them out.

2 comments:

  1. I always look forward to Red Nose Day! I love seeing how we all come together and raise a ridiculous amount of money. X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of favourites for this month

    ReplyDelete